IOWA CITY -- Former Iowa basketball player Eric May agreed to terms to play next season with the expansion Aomori Wat of the Japanese Basketball League, the Japan Times reported today.
May, a 6-foot-5 Dubuque native, earned Iowa's vaunted "Chris Street Award" which is given to the player who best exemplifies the namesake's spirit, enthusiasm and intensity. In his Iowa career May started 76 games and played in 133, one shy of the school record. He averaged 6.5 points and 3.4 rebounds a game.Last year he nearly tripled his assists (68) to turnovers (23). He provided steady leadership and was the team's most explosive dunker.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa GDP growth outpaces the nation
- Coggon defendant ‘danger to community,’ judge says
- Drew Tate talking made-up injuries and Dominique Douglas' debut: A lot going on here
- Judge denies immunity in Cedar Rapids stand-your-ground case
- DeWitt Central ends Cedar Rapids Xavier’s 17-game winning streak in 3A district final
- Iowa high school state softball 2018: Monday's scores and area coverage