When our community grows, we must make adjustments to meet the needs of the community. Recently, the Iowa City school board has been working on a diversity policy, guidelines for the superintendent to use in regard to socioeconomic diversity and building use within the district.
I support and commend the board for undertaking this task. It will bring balance to our community for all of our students, addressing diversity as we grow, now and in the future.
Beth BeasleyIowa City
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Stat Pak: Iowa isn’t bad, it’s just that Wisconsin is that much better
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t
- Iowa College Aid Report: College trends hindering workforce training
- Iowa volleyball splits first two Big Ten conference matches
- Unsung quarterback Alex Hornibrook comes up big for Wisconsin at Iowa
- Game Report, Iowa vs. Wisconsin: Numbers, notes, grades and more