MEDINAH, lll. -- A nice fellow with Iowa ties enjoyed watching Zach Johnson hit a couple of tee shots at the 18th hole of Medinah Country Club No. 3 course Thursday.
I'm talking about the man wearing a Hawkeyes ballcap and shirt. You'll see him.
Those were the last tee shots on the course that Johnson could consider no-pressure, because Ryder Cup play starts here Friday morning.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Stat Pak: Iowa isn’t bad, it’s just that Wisconsin is that much better
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t
- Iowa College Aid Report: College trends hindering workforce training
- Iowa volleyball splits first two Big Ten conference matches
- Unsung quarterback Alex Hornibrook comes up big for Wisconsin at Iowa
- Game Report, Iowa vs. Wisconsin: Numbers, notes, grades and more