Joel Lanning, a 6-2, 200-pound quarterback from Ankeny, committed Sunday to play football at Iowa State.
The senior chose the Cyclones over Nebraska.
He’s a three-star recruit according to Rivals.com and also excelled in baseball, helping the Hawks to the 2012 Class 4-A state title.“I just knew I wanted to play for them,” said Lanning, who boasted an 18-to-3 touchdown to interception ratio last season. “It just felt like the right place.”
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Robocalls linked to health insurance, Amazon
- Iowa all-state volleyball 2018: Tipton’s Sommer Daniel is tops in 3A
- Iowa football: 5 Things to know about Nebraska
- Cedar Rapids woman faces arson charges in two apartment fires
- Cedar Rapids massage ordinance to take effect Jan. 1
- Curtis Jones found guilty of first-degree murder in cabdriver killing