As we reported in our annual review video the public searched FirstCallforHelpIowa.org more than 22,000 times for resources in just the first four months. Since then, searches continued to climb. In May and June alone more than 20,000 searches were logged.
“These kind of numbers show us that there was a need for this resource,” said Chris Juett, United Way 2-1-1 program manager. “In comparison, the 2-1-1 call center receives between 40,000 and 50,000 calls a year. We are glad that the community makes use of this new tool.”Visit FirstCallforHelpIowa.org to search the 2-1-1 database.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
- Medicaid dental benefits cap delayed
- When Kinnick throws the boos on its own
- Man identified who was found in Iowa River
- Cedar Rapids Teacher: ‘misunderstanding’ over use of black baby doll should not have resulted in firing
- Louisa-Muscatine rallies past Regina for 2A state softball championship
- Audit: University of Iowa dental college staffer misspent $57,000