A look at the story of one Honor Flight couple, Kenneth and Kathleen Sippy of North Liberty. Kathleen Sippy served as a Pharmacist's Mate 3rd Class with the Navy WAV's at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, and Kenneth Sippy was a Technician 4th Grade with the 872nd Engineer Aviation Battalion and served in the southern Philippines, the Ryukyu Islands, in Okinawa and with occupation forces in Japan.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Unusual on Johnson County ballot: sheriff’s race Al Fear and Brad Kunkel compete in Democratic primary
- Vote for the best former Iowa high school mascot: Far Northwest, Near Northwest, West Central district finals
- Olson family will be prevalent again at Benton County Speedway
- Photos: Auto racing returns to Benton County Speedway in Vinton
- After Xtream Arena is built, will they come?
- Iowa City Democratic stronghold not blue enough, rival for Iowa House seat says