A look at the story of one Honor Flight couple, Kenneth and Kathleen Sippy of North Liberty. Kathleen Sippy served as a Pharmacist's Mate 3rd Class with the Navy WAV's at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, and Kenneth Sippy was a Technician 4th Grade with the 872nd Engineer Aviation Battalion and served in the southern Philippines, the Ryukyu Islands, in Okinawa and with occupation forces in Japan.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- It’s not just winning at Solon, but winning right
- Iowa State holds off Iowa in Cy-Hawk volleyball five-set test of wills
- Brock Purdy’s record-breaking day leads Cyclones to blowout win
- Prep football rewind: Monticello starts 4-0 for first time since 1977
- Defense leads Panthers to win over Idaho State
- Cedar Rapids Jefferson football beats Cedar Rapids Washington for first time since 2001