Hiawatha police gave an expensive reminder to a motorist Tuesday morning on Interstate 380 after the driver was caught traveling 102 mph.
The car was southbound on the interstate and did not immediately pull over. Cedar Rapids police were notified, but the car soon stopped underneath the Emmons Street overpass. Police said the driver did not see the police car due to heavy traffic.
Police said the driver, whose name was not released, apparently was late for something. The driver was released with a ticket. Police said the ticket may run more than $250.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- The Eastern Iowa Airport to start mandatory health screenings Jan. 25
- Iowa GOP leaders acknowledge Biden win
- Kirkwood’s Ashley Tull ready to return to basketball court
- Florida wrongful death lawsuit envelops Cedar Rapids man, a former deputy
- Fact Checker: Pat Grassley’s wrong that he can’t require masks at Statehouse
- Defensive unit capitalizes on both ends in late Iowa run