So, there's the tweet.
Kirk Bohls has covered Texas for the Austin American-Statesman for several years. He tweeted that Greg Davis, who served as the Longhorns' offensive coordinator for 12 seasons before resigning in 2010, has accepted the offensive coordinator position at Iowa.
Officially from the University of Iowa, coach Kirk Ferentz is on the annual coaches cruise and can't be reached for comment. The stop today is Antigua. Maybe they have phones in Antigua. So, still no official word.UI sports information director Steve Roe, who would neither confirm or deny the hire, said Iowa likely won't release anything Wednesday night.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Oliver Martin’s playing time not a discussion topic for Iowa offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz
- An Iowa hog farmer said his wife fell on a corn rake. Now he’s on trial for her murder.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley looking for White House action, not legislation, to resolve ethanol waiver problem
- ‘GameDay’ sign asked for beer money. It sparked children’s hospital fundraiser.
- IHSAA boys’ golf district at Hunters Ridge will be tough road to state
- Linn-Mar grad Anna Gorsich leads talented cast of freshmen for Kirkwood volleyball