116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Five former Cyclone greats will be inducted into the Iowa State Hall of Fame on Sept. 2 in a special ceremony at the Gateway Center Hotel in Ames. The inductees will be honored at halftime of the Iowa State-UNI football game on Sept. 3.
The Iowa State Hall of Fame was established in 1997 and 134 Cyclone legends have been enshrined. To purchase tickets to the ceremony, contact Diane Shearer or Ryan McGuire in the ISU Development office at (515) 294-5022.
Iowa State Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2011:
Tim Floyd- Basketball
• Only Cyclone coach in school history to record three-straight NCAA Tournament appearances (1995, 1996, 1997).
• Compiled an 81-47 record, the best winning percentage (63.3 pct.) in Iowa State history.
• 1996 team finished second in the Big Eight (9-5) and claimed the final Big Eight Tournament title.
• 1996 Big Eight Coach of the Year, USBWA & NABC District Coach of the Year and AP's National Coach of the Year Runner-Up.
Steph McCannon- Volleyball
• Two-time All-Big Eight selection (1994, 1995).
• Third-Team All-Mideast Region (1994).
• Big Eight's all-time leader in digs (1,904).
• Led Iowa State to its first-ever NCAA appearance in 1995.
Tom Randall- Football
• Two-year starter at defensive tackle, anchoring two of the best defenses in school history.
• Voted team captain and was named the team's top defensive player in 1977, helping the Cyclones earn a Peach Bowl bid.
• Named First-Team All-Big Eight in 1977.
• Played two seasons in the NFL and was a member of the 1979 Dallas Cowboy Super Bowl team.
Kelly Ward- Wrestling
• Three-time NCAA finalist at 158 pounds (1977, 1978, 1979).
• 1979 NCAA champion at 158 pounds, defeating Minnesota's Dan Zilverberg, 7-2 in the title match.
• Named Most Outstanding Wrestler at the 1979 Big Eight Championships.
• Compiled a career mark of 126-10-1 for a 92.3 winning percentage.
A.E. “Deac” Wolters- Track & Field/Football
• All-American in the 440 at the 1922 NCAA Outdoor Championships.
• Won the 440 and 880 at the 1922 Big Ten Championships.
• Held the nation's fastest time in the 440 and was ISU's school-record holder in the event for over 40 years.
• Member of the two-mile relay team which set a world record time (7:52.25) at the Drake Relays.