The three people charged with the first-degree murder of Curtis Bailey will be arraigned at 9 a.m. Aug. 13 in Iowa County District Court.
Denise Frei, 43, of Marengo, Bailey’s common-law wife, and Frei’s son, Jacob Hilgendorf, 19, and Hilgendorf’s friend, Jessica Dayton, 19, both of Belle Plaine, are accused of killing Bailey, 33, of Marengo, at his home July 19.Marengo Police Chief Galen Moser has refused to release how Bailey died and the weapon used to kill him. Police did, however, release autopsy results last week that confirmed Bailey's death was a homicide.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Spencer Lee earns first-period tech fall, Iowa wrestling takes care of Nebraska
- Lisa Bluder: Wisconsin 'is ticked' and 'really tired of this' as Iowa seeks 21st straight win in series
- Hawkeyes men’s basketball team and its fans: It looks like love
- Photos: Iowa wrestling defeats Nebraska
- Kyle Green describes AJ Green’s game: ‘Confidence is a big part of it’
- Iowa State men’s basketball has to match Texas Tech’s toughness