Pleasant Valley stripped of girls track title, and 4 other stories you missed
Top 5 stories from this weekend
1. Pleasant Valley stripped of girls track title: The Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union board of directors stripped Pleasant Valley of its Class 4A girls track championship Friday after determining middle-distance star Kaley Ciluffo violated an eligibility rule by competing in three meets against collegians in December.
2. Iowa officials ask questions about tepid ticket sales: Three years after an overflow of season-ticket requests prompted Iowa officials to split any available packages, the football program now has a plethora of available tickets.
3. Yearlong Edgewood detour to begin Monday: If traffic delays the past few months on Edgewood Road NE where it meets Highway 100 in Cedar Rapids have caused headaches, what's ahead may well bring a migraine. The area where Edgewood meets Highway 100 is scheduled for a yearlong on-site detour.
4. Iowa Boy Scout conflict with border protection: U.S. Customs and Border Protection staff will fly to Iowa to visit with Boy Scout leaders about an incident on the Alaskan border that's gaining national attention.
5. Carl Oehl, ambassador of the Amanas, dies: Carl Oehl dedicated his life to promoting the place he loved, the Amana Colonies. A well-known mainstay in the seven villages that make up the Amanas, Oehl passed away Thursday night, just a few days after his 87th birthday.