It seems like so many haters have come out to attack the newbo evolve festival. Too many people are questioning the musical acts, financial risk, ticket price, parking, zip line and more. What do you gain by complaining about an upcoming event?
One thing all new events have in common is that they require someone to go out on a limb and give it a shot. Some events work and some don’t. We need to learn how to think bigger and embrace an event of this scale. A festival like “evolve” has enormous potential to become a legacy event that draws tens of thousands of people to our city annually.
There are so many reasons you should support newbo evolve and help this event succeed:
• GO CR is not some capitalistic promotor trying to make a buck on a festival — it is literally their job to promote Cedar Rapids.
• This is an extraordinary opportunity for small businesses and our local economy.
• It is normal for cities of our size to have festivals this size.
• Even if you don’t like the bands on the schedule, local venues will likely be programming other bands throughout the weekend.
• Events like this help us continue to attract and retain young adults to our community.
I applaud the staff at GO CR and the large numbers of people who are in support of the festival.
Like Mark Zuckerberg said, “The biggest risk is not taking any risk.”
Eco Lips, Inc.