Hello, my name is Macy. The Ely’s Stone Bridge is a big part of my life because it is pretty and it has a lot of history. My family goes under and my mom takes pictures. Why would anyone want to take it down? That should not be an option. We have picnics under there. When the water isn’t in the middle arch, me and my brother Keaton run around. It is very fun.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Air rescues at UI Hospitals run on secret deal
- Iowa City Pride throws biggest festival in its 48-year history
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa City police toughen stance on fireworks violations
- Report: Iowa’s minimum wage far below cost of rent
- Voters without IDs a small share of primary electorate
- Suspect of Thursday hit-and-run in custody, explosive devices found at Swisher home