Pockets are nifty in multiple ways. They give a sense of security. A hand is warmed when it is cold, an item to keep from being stolen is safe (i.e. a wallet or cellphone). A pocket can take many different forms in many different situations. Perhaps on a backpack to carry heavy material, or in a wallet to carry something light. Appearance varies in zippers, Velcro, microwaveable food (Hot Pocket), and even pockets in pockets. On your shirt, shorts, pants, coat, gloves, leather furniture and pretty much anything you can think of. In the end, a pocket is just a simple locket. But honestly, the more simple it is the more useful it is.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Alex Johnson, formerly Virginia Johnson of City High, has died
- Shelby Houlihan wins second national track title
- Some towns continue to shrink, but many Iowans are choosing to stay
- Body of missing Illinois 5-year-old found in Mississippi River
- A small community's big dreams for the future
- Offense erupts, pitcher Brusdar Graterol’s stuff sizzles as C.R. Kernels blast Wisconsin, 14-1