It’s pretty evident that the water comes from the tiled cropland that Mayor Ron Corbett refuses to talk about since he doesn’t want to upset the Farm Bureau. Money would be better spent suing the farmers above us instead of us paying for a wall that would cost more than most of the real estate in the entire downtown area! If you were just to eliminate the crop subsidies which cost us billions it would probably solve half the problem.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa heavyweight Sam Stoll shot in the knee
- Balloon Glow 2018 canceled due to rain
- Police: Iowa City duo had drugs, gun in apartment with child
- Cargill proposes rail yard near Rompot neighborhood
- Iowa high school softball regional pairings: 3A, 2A, 1A
- Update: Fundraiser ride to support RAGBRAI events canceled