I think the city literally has lost its mind. The streets in downtown Cedar Rapids are absolutely impossible to navigate, not to mention taking down signal lights that most likely will lay around and rust, then making and installing new signs which probably cost taxpayers thousands of dollars. All of this to benefit downtown, which most people avoid. The start and stop traffic is slowing the flow way down to the point where accidents are inevitable. All these changes happening that in 20 years will be changed back because someone from out of state will convince a new City Council that traffic will “flow better” when the streets are one way. I hope I live long enough to see the city have to admit they made a huge mistake. I won’t even begin the letter about how awful our streets are on every side of town.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Emma Gonzalez criticizes Steve King at Sioux City rally
- How Iowa towns can revitalize vacant buildings
- Rural high school students are skipping college. Should we be worried?
- Johnson County continues with crisis intervention center efforts
- Sean McCarty earns spot in PGA Championship
- Safety Village modifies itself for children with autism