Comparing weight, speed and extreme vulnerability in heavy traffic, bikers are much more like pedestrians than motorists. They should be allowed and encouraged to ride on the left edge of the road facing traffic and on sidewalks in busy areas.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion man sentenced to 5 years in prison for sexual abuse of child
- Nick Nading hits, bunts and pitches Cedar Rapids Washington to Metro Tournament title game
- Eighth-ranked Cedar Rapids Jefferson upends No. 5 Prairie in Metro baseball tournament
- Brian Erbe reaches milestone in Cedar Rapids Jefferson's season-opening sweep
- Maddie Poppe, Hawkeye. No, not those Hawkeyes.
- There’s a growing sinkhole on the White House lawn