Comparing weight, speed and extreme vulnerability in heavy traffic, bikers are much more like pedestrians than motorists. They should be allowed and encouraged to ride on the left edge of the road facing traffic and on sidewalks in busy areas.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 20 years, no NBA draft first-rounders for Iowa basketball
- World of Outlaws heading to Farley Speedway on Friday
- North Linn's Parker Bechen enjoys return to the diamond after scary head injury
- UI falls behind on reviews of central administrative offices
- United States House OKs farm bill with major food stamps changes
- U.S. House Republicans delay immigration vote until next week