How many bicyclists must be killed in rear-end collisions before they will be allowed to ride on the left side of the road, facing traffic like pedestrians? They could then see the inattentive or drunken driver coming at them and could take evasive action. It’s suicide to ride on the right side of a busy street or highway.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 'The Killer Beside Me' TV show features Coralville murder case
- Iowa primary voters will be asked for ID as new law gets soft rollout
- Cedar Rapids Prairie's Levi Usher balances senior season preparation with MLB draft prospects
- Nationwide event to provide free dental care to Iowa veterans
- 2018 prep baseball preview: Area players and teams to watch
- Time Machine: Cedar Rapids pilot died in last days of WWII