The estimate for Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot has been raised once again, with the possibility of the final jackpot amount climbing even higher by the time of the drawing, according to lottery officials.
This time, the jackpot has been raised to an estimated $700 million annuity, with a $443.3 million lump-sum option. The amount is the second-largest prize in the history of the game, according to officials, and also ranks second on the list of the largest lottery prizes ever offered in North America.
Powerball tickets for tonight’s drawing must be bought by 8:59 p.m. and the winning numbers will be drawn at 9:59 p.m. on KWWL.
MORE News ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa heavyweight Sam Stoll shot in the knee
- 2 more shutouts for Cedar Rapids Kennedy pitching duo
- Potent offense powers Cedar Rapids Prairie to sweep of Cedar Rapids Washington
- Balloon Glow 2018 canceled due to rain
- Cedar Rapids police make arrests in two separate car thefts
- Police: Iowa City duo had drugs, gun in apartment with child