Swisher home destroyed by fire

SWISHER — A Swisher home was destroyed by fire on Monday.

According to the Jefferson Monroe Fire Department website, crews were called to 1510 Ridge Top Drive at 6:02 p.m. for a fully-involved house fire. The North Liberty, Solon, Fairfax and Ely fire departments also responded to the fire.

Authorities said the fire started in the chimney and spread to the attic of the home before it was extinguished. The occupants of the home safely escaped the fire, but the “family has lost everything,” the fire department stated on its website.

l Comments: (319) 398-8238; lee.hermiston@thegazette.com

 

CONTINUE READING

MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...

CEDAR RAPIDS - An Operation Quickfind has been issued for a missing teen.Cedar Rapids police say Arianna Naykia Jasper, 16, was last seen in Des Moines at 9 a.m. Friday. She is described as black, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighin ...

MARION - A Marion man is in custody after police say he drove a car that struck two cars and a house before leading officers on a short chase Saturday.According to a news release, Marion police received several 911 calls around 6: ...

Give us feedback

Have you found an error or omission in our reporting? Tell us here.

Do you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.