The Linn County Sheriff’s Office responded to a structure fire in Alburnett at around 8 a.m. Sunday.
According to a news release, a small shed and utility pole, at 3846 N. Marion Road in Alburnett, caught on fire after a recreational fire rekindled from the night before. The property owned by Blackford Farms had no tenants at the time of the fire.
The incident remains under investigation by the Linn County Sheriff’s Office.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Tiffin is Iowa’s fastest growing city
- State finally suspends license of Cedar Rapids man convicted in texting-while-driving deaths
- Norris, Glasson seek union backing after Boulton exit
- Boulton exit leaves supporters searching
- Sweep sends Linn-Mar softball to 4-0
- Cedar Rapids splash pads open early for hot weekend