CEDAR RAPIDS — Police are searching for a man they say robbed Collins Community Credit Union inside the Wilson Avenue Hy-Vee store, 20 Wilson Ave. SW, around 6 p.m. Saturday.
According to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department, the suspect is a man in his late 30s with stubble for facial hair. Police say he gave the teller a note that stated he had a gun and demanded money, although no gun was displayed. He is described as wearing a red ball cap; gray bandanna; black, short-sleeve, button-up shirt; and jeans.
Anyone with information about the crime or the suspect is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (319) 358-8477.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Air rescues at UI Hospitals run on secret deal
- Reynolds, Hubbell trade punches from a safe distance at Iowa Republicans, Democrats hold party conventions
- News Track: Another Coralville Hy-Vee expected by fall
- Kennedy golf coach Julie Buerman claims Cedar Rapids City Amateur title
- In Iowa: Who would govern the best state the best?
- Drew Tate enters the coaching life — on defense