CEDAR RAPIDS — Police have identified the Cedar Rapids man who was killed in a car versus pedestrian crash on First Avenue Friday night.
Cedar Rapids public safety spokesman Greg Buelow said 71-year-old Michael Gaynor was attempting to cross First Avenue East around 7:16 p.m. Friday near the intersection with Crescent Street when he was hit by a westbound 2002 Kia Sportage. Gaynor was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The driver of the SUV, 26-year-old Britney Marx, was not injured in the collision. No charges have been filed and police said Gaynor was not in the crosswalk when the collision occurred.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 2 more shutouts for Cedar Rapids Kennedy pitching duo
- Potent offense powers Cedar Rapids Prairie to sweep of Cedar Rapids Washington
- Balloon Glow 2018 canceled due to rain
- University of Northern Iowa will review involvement in ‘facilitated communication’ conference
- Hubbell, Hart want to forge ‘common agenda’ with Iowans
- Mercy Iowa City to integrate with Iowa Heart Center