MOUNT VERNON – An Anamosa woman was injured when she crashed into a ditch Friday morning.
According to the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, deputies, the Mount Vernon police and fire departments and Lisbon-Mount Vernon Ambulance Service were called to a single-vehicle crash with unknown injuries at 681 Highway 1 at 5:42 a.m. Friday. First responders found a Subaru Legacy in the east ditch.
Authorities said 18-year-old Shayla M. Keast had been driving south on Highway 1 when she lost control of her vehicle and entered the ditch. She was taken to Unity Point-St. Luke’s Hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Tiffin is Iowa’s fastest growing city
- State finally suspends license of Cedar Rapids man convicted in texting-while-driving deaths
- Big Grove cans coming to stores this weekend
- Norris, Glasson seek union backing after Boulton exit
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Defense
- Cedar Rapids splash pads open early for hot weekend