CEDAR RAPIDS — A Lary Nelson Center resident is accused of committing a robbery and returning to the residential facility with some of the stolen goods.
According to the Linn County Attorney’s Office, on Nov. 4, Cardel D. Redmond, 22, shoved a clerk at Piercing Pagoda at Lindale Mall, 4444 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids, in order to steal a tray of jewelry behind a display case. Redmond then fled from the store, authorities said.
Authorities said Redmond later returned to the Lary Nelson Center wearing some of the stolen jewelry. He was arrested and is charged with second-degree theft and third-degree robbery.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Update: 15-year-old arrested after carjacking at Cedar Rapids Wal-Mart, chase near Davenport
- Iowa City police arrest ‘bored,’ pantless man on acid trying to get into neighbor’s house for sex
- Guaranty Bank Building nearly empty in preparation for sale
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Defense
- Von Maur thriving as some other retailers falter
- Shots fired incident sends one to hospital