CEDAR RAPIDS — A fire in the laundry room of a Cedar Rapids nursing home was quickly extinguished Saturday night.
The fire was reported at 10:37 p.m. at Living Center East, 1220 Fifth Ave. SE. When fire crews arrived, they found the building’s sprinkler system already had extinguished a fire in a basket in the laundry room. Firefighters determined the fire had not spread beyond the laundry basket and turned off the sprinkler system.
No one was hurt and no residents were displaced, fire officials said.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Johnson County Solarize program reaches milestone
- Federal appeals court upholds immigration fraud conviction of Rwandan man
- New restaurant, same owners: Old China Buffet run by couple who operated Westdale venue
- Freund-Vector scales back Marion expansion
- ‘All hands on deck’ pulling together newbo evolve
- New Czech Village building owner wants ‘new vitality’ for the area