CEDAR RAPIDS — A house sustained moderate damage in a fire Sunday afternoon.
The Cedar Rapids Fire Department was dispatched to 3700 Elmwood Dr. NE at 2:10 p.m. Sunday after a kitchen fire was reported. The home’s occupant, Mary Howard, was outside with her dogs when firefighters arrived. They knocked down the fire in the kitchen and searched the home to verify that no one was inside.
According to the fire department, the fire extended into the walls and ceiling around and above the stove. There was smoke damage throughout the residence, and Howard was displaced from the home.
No injuries were reported.