CEDAR RAPIDS — A Coggon man is accused of threatening a woman and trying to break into her Cedar Rapids apartment.
According to the Linn County Attorney’s Office, on Feb. 19, 26-year-old James Allen Barton called a woman and threatened to kill her. A short time later, Barton tried to force his way through the woman’s apartment door. He also tried to enter the residence through a window, authorities said.
Barton was arrested and told police he planned to enter the residence and assault the occupants. He has been charged with second-degree burglary and first-degree harassment.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Alex Johnson, formerly Virginia Johnson of City High, has died
- Body of missing Illinois 5-year-old found in Mississippi River
- BNSF estimates 230,000 gallons of oil spilled in NW Iowa
- Some towns continue to shrink, but many Iowans are choosing to stay
- Three arrested after hourslong investigation at Iowa City apartment complex
- As child abuse spikes, UI clinic closes