IOWA CITY — Three people were rescued from an overturned car by Iowa City firefighters Friday afternoon.
The car overturned as the result of a crash at the intersection of Gilbert and College streets at 3:58 p.m. Fire crews stabilized the car and extricated three people trapped inside, according to a fire department news release.
Paramedics evaluated the occupants and transported one to a hospital.
MORE Johnson County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Tiffin is Iowa’s fastest growing city
- Sweep sends Linn-Mar softball to 4-0
- Maddie Poppe staying true to her roots: ‘Iowa really shaped who I am, not only as a person but as a musician, too’
- Avenge and advance the order of the day for Cedar Rapids Prairie girls’ soccer
- State finally suspends license of Cedar Rapids man convicted in texting-while-driving deaths
- Iowa City Uber driver charged with sexually assaulting woman who called for ride home from downtown