JOHNSON COUNTY — A man was killed on Highway 218 in Johnson County when he was hit by three vehicles.
According to the Iowa State Patrol, the collision happened around 8:56 p.m. Sunday near the 96 mile marker on northbound Highway 218. The male pedestrian — who has not been identified — was hit by a northbound car, authorities said. Two more vehicles then hit the man, according to the state patrol.
The crash remains under investigation by the state patrol.
MORE Johnson County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa heavyweight Sam Stoll shot in the knee
- University of Northern Iowa will review involvement in ‘facilitated communication’ conference
- Sgt. Donald Baker, missing in action in Korean War, laid to rest in Cedar Rapids
- 2 more shutouts for Cedar Rapids Kennedy pitching duo
- Mercy Iowa City to integrate with Iowa Heart Center
- Leading Iowa politicians want family separations at border to end