IOWA CITY — An Iowa City man was arrested on a pair of warrants Saturday night.
Police were called to 344 Beldon Ave. at 7 p.m. Saturday for an unknown problem and found that a resident of that address, Cordell M. Mayfield, 18, had two active arrest warrants for failing to appear on charges of operating while intoxicated and obstructing officers.
Mayfield was arrested on the two warrants and taken to the Johnson County Jail, police said.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Alex Johnson, formerly Virginia Johnson of City High, has died
- Body of missing Illinois 5-year-old found in Mississippi River
- BNSF estimates 230,000 gallons of oil spilled in NW Iowa
- Three arrested after hourslong investigation at Iowa City apartment complex
- As child abuse spikes, UI clinic closes
- A small community's big dreams for the future