The Iowa City Fire Department is investigating a Saturday morning fire that caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to an Iowa City apartment.
According to a press release, firefighters responded to a report of an oven fire at 427 North Dubuque Street at 7:35 a.m., Saturday.
The arriving crew found a working fire in an apartment on the 4th floor. The building sprinkler system contained the fire to the room of origin and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in approximately 20 minutes, the release stated.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Johnson County Solarize program reaches milestone
- New restaurant, same owners: Old China Buffet run by couple who operated Westdale venue
- Freund-Vector scales back Marion expansion
- ‘All hands on deck’ pulling together newbo evolve
- New Czech Village building owner wants ‘new vitality’ for the area
- Washington governor sees Hubbell as ‘perfect candidate’