Vandalism of rubber pellet matting led to the closure of Cleveland Park Splash Pad Wednesday, according to a media release from the City of Cedar Rapids.
The damaged matting is a safety concern that needs to be fixed before the splash pad can reopen. It typically takes three days to repair, according to the release.
The city hopes to reopen the splash pad by Saturday, June 2. The National Weather Service is predicting high temps in the 80s for the weekend.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Johnson County Solarize program reaches milestone
- New Czech Village building owner wants ‘new vitality’ for the area
- New restaurant, same owners: Old China Buffet run by couple who operated Westdale venue
- Train derails in northwest Iowa, spills crude into river
- Alex Johnson, formerly Virginia Johnson of City High, has died
- Prime Time League was 31 years of “the right way”