The Cedar Rapids Police Department says they have continue patrol presence after a suspicious white van was reported by two children near Memorial Drive and Bever Avenue SE.
According to a post on the department’s Facebook page, the two children, aged 7 and 10, reported the incident that occurred Sunday night at the previously mentioned location. The children told police that they saw a white van in this area slow down with two occupants watching them. They reported that they felt as if “the two individuals were going to do something bad” so they ran home and told their mother, according to the post. The incident was reported to police afterward and no van was found.
While police say evidence is insufficient “to substantiate that this was an attempted abduction,” they have continued the patrol presence in the neighborhood to make citizens feel safe. They also emphasized that reporting the van was the correct thing to do.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Study: Seafood consumption tied to more sex and faster conception
- World of Outlaws heading to Farley Speedway on Friday
- 20 years, no NBA draft first-rounders for Iowa basketball
- North Linn's Parker Bechen enjoys return to the diamond after scary head injury
- Emma Gonzalez criticizes Steve King at Sioux City rally
- UI falls behind on reviews of central administrative offices