Former Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, who had trouble gaining any traction in the Democratic race, planned to suspend his campaign at 9:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, according to a Democrat with knowledge of his plans.
O’Malley was in third place in Monday night’s Iowa caucuses, with 0.5 percent support.
MORE Democratic Presidential ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Alex Johnson, formerly Virginia Johnson of City High, has died
- Body of missing Illinois 5-year-old found in Mississippi River
- Three arrested after hourslong investigation at Iowa City apartment complex
- As child abuse spikes, UI clinic closes
- Veteran coordinating efforts to bring Freedom Rock to Linn County
- Emerging leaders: Four ways to improve your financial intelligence