WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump dismantled two CEO advisory panels on Wednesday as a growing number of chief executives announced their resignations following his response to a weekend of violence in Virginia that stoked racial tensions nationwide.
Trump’s decision came in the form of a tweet:
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa heavyweight Sam Stoll shot in the knee
- 2 more shutouts for Cedar Rapids Kennedy pitching duo
- Potent offense powers Cedar Rapids Prairie to sweep of Cedar Rapids Washington
- Balloon Glow 2018 canceled due to rain
- Hubbell, Hart want to forge ‘common agenda’ with Iowans
- Cedar Rapids police make arrests in two separate car thefts