WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump said in a tweet on Friday he is putting a decision to allow imports of big game trophies on hold until he can “review all conservation facts.”
The rule released on Friday allowing hunters who kill elephants in Zimbabwe to bring their trophies back to the United States outraged animal activists.
(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids Kernels top prospect Royce Lewis plays through knee issue
- Air rescues at UI Hospitals run on secret deal
- Report: Iowa’s minimum wage far below cost of rent
- New technology resonates with young Cedar Rapids patient
- Suspect of Thursday hit-and-run in custody, explosive devices found at Swisher home
- In Iowa: Who would govern the best state the best?