MEXICO CITY — Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto said on Thursday he had scrapped plans to meet Donald Trump next week after the U.S. president tweeted Mexico should cancel the meeting if it was not prepared to pay for his proposed border wall.
“This morning we informed the White House that I will not attend the work meeting planned for next Tuesday with the POTUS,” Pena Nieto said on Twitter, referring to Trump.
“Mexico reiterates its willingness to work with the United States to reach accords that favor both nations.”
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Johnson County Solarize program reaches milestone
- Federal appeals court upholds immigration fraud conviction of Rwandan man
- New restaurant, same owners: Old China Buffet run by couple who operated Westdale venue
- Freund-Vector scales back Marion expansion
- ‘All hands on deck’ pulling together newbo evolve
- New Czech Village building owner wants ‘new vitality’ for the area