CEDAR RAPIDS — Rep. Ashley Hinson, R-Marion, will travel to Wuahn and Hangzou, China, Saturday through Sept. 29 with the State Legislative Leaders Foundation to participate in the second annual US-China Subnational Legislatures Cooperation Forum.
She will join other legislators from across the country to meet with Chinese leaders and attend various presentations focused on infrastructure, changes in technology and the issues faced by public officials whose jurisdictions border the Yangtze River in China and the Mississippi River in the United States.
“This is a really great opportunity to build relationships with leaders abroad in China, as well as across the country,” Hinson said. “I’m looking forward to learning how we can continue to strengthen cooperation between China and the United States.”
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Four injured as fire engulfs second floor of Blairs Ferry Road apartment building
- Safety Village modifies itself for children with autism
- Area softball Super 10: Kennedy, Jefferson extend their stay on top
- Prairie’s Jensyn Jones grew up around the softball diamond
- March for Our Lives event in Cedar Rapids moved to Raygun
- Dubuque area man sentenced to four years for fraud scheme involving 250 victims