Ford Motor Co said Wednesday it is recalling 1.38 million vehicles in North America for potentially loose steering wheel bolts that could detach, in a callback linked to two accidents and one injury.
The second largest U.S. automaker said the recall covers 2014 through 2018 model year Ford Fusion cars and 2014-2018 Lincoln MKZ vehicles built at plants in Michigan and Mexico. Dealers will replace the steering wheel bolt with a longer bolt.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Emma Gonzalez criticizes Steve King at Sioux City rally
- How Iowa towns can revitalize vacant buildings
- Johnson County continues with crisis intervention center efforts
- Sean McCarty earns spot in PGA Championship
- Safety Village modifies itself for children with autism
- Four injured as fire engulfs second floor of Blairs Ferry Road apartment building