Watch a replay from The Gazette of the Iowa’s Racing and Gaming Commission’s decision to deny all three Cedar Rapids casino applications 3-2, when it met at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque.
On the table were the $40 million Wild Rose Cedar Rapids proposed for next to the Skogman Building on First Avenue SE, and two choices from the Cedar Rapids Development Group-Peninsula Pacific: the $105 million Cedar Crossing Central attached to the DoubleTree Hotel on First Avenue NE and the $165 million Cedar Crossing on the River proposed for land at First Avenue and First Street SW.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Update: 15-year-old arrested after carjacking at Cedar Rapids Wal-Mart, chase near Davenport
- Iowa City police arrest ‘bored,’ pantless man on acid trying to get into neighbor’s house for sex
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Defense
- Von Maur thriving as some other retailers falter
- Shots fired incident sends one to hospital
- University of Iowa Health Care asks for help collecting bills