Several hundred Iowa high school students gathered outside the Iowa Capitol building for a rally Friday that included slogans, signs, singing and speeches to mark the anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting in Colorado, and to express ongoing concerns about school safety and gun-law restrictions.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 'The Killer Beside Me' TV show features Coralville murder case
- Iowa primary voters will be asked for ID as new law gets soft rollout
- Cedar Rapids Prairie's Levi Usher balances senior season preparation with MLB draft prospects
- 2018 prep softball preview: Area players to watch
- Nationwide event to provide free dental care to Iowa veterans
- 2018 prep softball preview: Area teams to watch