CEDAR RAPIDS — The Hawkeye Area Labor Council is endorsing Monica Vernon in the Cedar Rapids mayoral run off and Justin Shields in the Cedar Rapids district 5 runoff, the organization announced on Wednesday.
Newcomers Vernon and Brad Hart face off in the race for mayor, and Shields, the district 5 incumbent, is challenged by Ashley Vanorny. The candidates reached the runoff by finishing among the top two voter earners in their respective races on Election Day, Nov. 7.
The runoff election is on Dec. 5, and voters should go to their municipal election voting location.
MORE Elections ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City police arrest ‘bored,’ pantless man on acid trying to get into neighbor’s house for sex
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Defense
- Shots fired incident sends one to hospital
- University of Iowa Health Care asks for help collecting bills
- Big draws coming Saturday to downtown Cedar Rapids
- Iowa boys’ state golf results: East Buchanan’s Jacob Hesner wins 1A title