James Q. Lynch, The Gazette
The GOP senator gathered ideas Wednesday for a new farm bill, but also talked health care, trade and economy.
1. The nation’s health insurance system is in “crisis mode.”
2. Rather than raise the debt ceiling, “We have to start paying down our debt.”
3. “If we want to keep Iowa vibrant and growing,” the nation has to figure out immigration reform.
4. For agriculture — and Iowa — it’s important that Congress and the Trump administration modernize the North American Free Trade Agreement
5. Opening the farm bill discussion is an opportunity to learn “where we can do better and what we’re doing well.”