Members of the Coralville City Council and economic development groups participated Wednesday in a groundbreaking for a new events arena in Coralville’s River Landing.
Coralville has guaranteed up to $50 million in loans to a community development corporation to build the project. A variety of events, from concerts to athletics, will be presented there.
The 5,716-seat arena at 200 E. Ninth St. is expected to open in 2019.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- North Liberty man faces charges after 115 mph police chase; accused of driving on wrong way of road, throwing jeans out window
- Cedar Rapids’ Zach Ralston chasing NASCAR dream
- Cedar Rapids backs bid for cannabidiol plant
- Cedar Rapids Prairie boys’ soccer benefits from postseason experience
- Cedar Rapids Jefferson adds to tradition with Metro baseball tournament title
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Offense