Festival season is springing up in the historic Amana Colonies this weekend, German style. Saturday activities begin at 10 a.m. with a parade through Amana, followed by the World on Wheels Food Truck Fare dishing up ethnic cuisine from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. — including Amana treats. Head to the Festhalle Barn for live music, dance groups and artwork by local artists, as well as rock music by Dogs on Skis from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Sunday’s highlight is the Wine/Beer/Chocolate walk from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Maipole dancers will perform at various sites around Amana both days, and shops and restaurants will feature heaping helpings of Old World charm.
Saturday (5/5) and Sunday (5/6), Amana Colonies; Festivalsinamana.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City police arrest ‘bored,’ pantless man on acid trying to get into neighbor’s house for sex
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Defense
- Shots fired incident sends one to hospital
- University of Iowa Health Care asks for help collecting bills
- Big draws coming Saturday to downtown Cedar Rapids
- Iowa boys’ state golf results: East Buchanan’s Jacob Hesner wins 1A title