March 22, 1974 October 2, 2009
No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say goodbye.
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God knows why.
Our hearts still ache in sadness,
And secret tears still flow.
What it meant to to lose you,
No one will ever know
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- North Liberty man faces charges after 115 mph police chase Man accused of driving on wrong way of road, throwing jeans out window
- Maddie Poppe staying true to her roots: ‘Iowa really shaped who I am, not only as a person but as a musician, too’
- Cedar Rapids’ Zach Ralston chasing NASCAR dream
- Cedar Rapids backs bid for cannabidiol plant
- Cedar Rapids Jefferson adds to tradition with Metro baseball tournament title
- Cedar Rapids Prairie boys’ soccer benefits from postseason experience