Don, a '51 graduate of Wilson High School, and D.Ann, the former Delores Ann Carpenter of Earlville, Delaware County, were married on
Sept. 20, 1957. They now reside in Utah's Salt Lake valley.
They are celebrating with a driving tour of the old historic "Route 66" from Santa Monica, CA to
Chicago, checking out all the ghost towns,
abandoned "filling stations" and motels bypassed by our modern highways, and reliving Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath."
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Tiffin is Iowa’s fastest growing city
- State finally suspends license of Cedar Rapids man convicted in texting-while-driving deaths
- Sweep sends Linn-Mar softball to 4-0
- Boulton exit leaves supporters searching
- Cedar Rapids splash pads open early for hot weekend
- Iowa City Uber driver charged with sexually assaulting woman who called for ride home from downtown