God saw him getting tired
And a cure not to be
So He put his arms around him
And whispered, "Come with Me."
With tearful eyes we watched him
And saw him pass away.
Although we loved him dearly
We could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard-working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.
Happy Birthday, Davey!
Love you, miss you every day.
Mom, Dad, Marty, Jeff and Family
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Offense
- North Liberty man faces charges after 115 mph police chase Man accused of driving on wrong way of road, throwing jeans out window
- Cedar Rapids’ Zach Ralston chasing NASCAR dream
- Cedar Rapids Jefferson adds to tradition with Metro baseball tournament title
- Goal by Dylan Anderson delivers Cedar Rapids Kennedy boys’ soccer to substate final
- $10,000 reward being offered as CRPD seeks public help in finding stolen tools and the people who stole them