Unexpectedly on 9/9/2015, the Lord called you home, leaving me behind with a shattered heart. We celebrated 50 years of young love on 6/6/2015, and now one year with you in heaven and me here alone on earth.
All those bright colors that existed when you were with me have dimmed, and many days have
various shades of gray.
Love you always to heaven and back, Ruth
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids Prairie's Levi Usher balances senior season preparation with MLB draft prospects
- Time Machine: Cedar Rapids pilot died in last days of WWII
- 2018 prep baseball preview: Area players and teams to watch
- An opened door: How one Cedar Rapids family helped a Haitian family in need of medical care
- 4 Democrats vie for chance to oust Rod Blum
- Iowa baseball gets No. 6 seed in Big Ten tournament after sweeping Penn State